Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Junk in the Trunk

When we moved in, the storage area was already full. After we removed the carpet and dumped everything in there, we couldn't open it without risking getting rolls of nasty carpet falling on top of us.

So we got the folks from junk removal to, uh, remove the junk. Before they left, the following conversation happened.

Junk Removal Guy #1: I didn't lock the door.
Me: Oh that's okay, you guys emptied it so it's not like there's anything to steal.
Junk Removal Guy #2: But if tomorrow you see it's full of somebody else's junk, you know who to call. *cryptic smirk*
Me: What? Does that happen?
Junk Removal Guy #2: *silently walks away, smirk still on*

Two weeks later, I saw this sign pasted on the building elevator.


The first paragraph says: "Someone has placed items into the locker #222 and put a padlock on the door." The rest of the notice basically requests that whoever put their stuff in there remove it.

I laughed out loud by myself in the lift that day, because I, funnily enough, got the answer to my question pretty promptly. Also, as horrible as this sounds, because it wasn't my locker that was filled with somebody else's junk. I probably wouldn't have laughed it if was.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I knοω this is kind of off topic but I was wondering whіch blog ρlаtform arе уou using for thіs sіte?
    I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've hаd іѕsues ωіth
    hаckerѕ and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    my web-site; rubbish removal - -

    ReplyDelete